But, some users are facing issues with installations of the app. Problems include crashing or failure to open.
If you dont know what it is, read Install Google Camera HDR+ on Xiaomi Mi A1 article.
Here, I’ll explain possible fixes. I’ll also list links to working Gcam ports by BSG, Ivanich, and Arnova.
How to fix Google Camera HDR+ issues
Can’t Install Google Camera HDR+
- The port you are using isn’t compatible with your Mi A1’s Android version. Try another one.
- Remove any previous Google Camera HDR+ installations. It could be the reason the new Gcam isn’t installing.
Google Camera Crashes on Opening
- New Gcam apk releases may not work on your Mi A1’s Nougat. Try the earlier versions.
- If you’ve upgraded your Gcam, the previous settings may be incompatible with it. So, clear the app data. And then redo the whole installation.
- Some files that may be interfering with your Gcam (see below). Delete them and retry the process. (Needs root access and a file explorer like ES File Explorer.)
- Activate Camera2 API. (Some ROMs don’t enable it, you know.) There are two ways to do this.
Google Camera Crashes on Image Capture
Check your Google camera’s HDR+ settings. Remember to apply the suggestions that come with the Gcam apk download.
Crashes on Activating Slow Motion
Slow motion may not work depending on the ROM your Mi A1 uses.
_media_profiles.xml_ file is what contains these settings. So, you’ll have to update it. (Download and use this one that’s already done for you.)
- Save it in the
- Assign the following permissions:
- Restart your phone
Google Camera HDR+ Ports
There are ports by BSG, Ivanich, or Arnova. Here’s what you should expect from each of them.
- BSG ° It works as expected (if you use the settings that I’ll share in a second).
- Ivanich ° It’s very stable and doesn’t need lots of tweaking.
- Arnova ° It’s a Gcam 5.1.x port. It doesn’t have the best RAW capabilities, however. Find suggested settings below.
Model: Nexus 6P Support level override: Nexus_2015 SUPPORTED HW LEVEL BACK CAMERA: Limited SUPPORTED HW LEVEL FRONT CAMERA: Level_3 Panorama resolution: High Volume key action: Shutter
Config camera: Nexus6 HDR+ Auto Buffers size: 3 (Default) Total imagereader image count: 14 (AllPixel+AllExp) hdr+ burst frame count: 7 (N6P+AllPixel+AllExp) Calculation hdr+ imagereader image count: Pixel, PixelXL
Model: Pixel 2XL Config camera HDR+: Nexus6 HDR+ Auto Zsl HDR+ parameters: Medium
|BSG version 4.0||MGCB-7.0H-C2API (recommended)|
|BSG version 4.0 (v3)||MGC-4.4.20-7.0H-C2API|
|Ivanich version 1.4 (v3)||MGCB-7.0H-C2API-Full-PXL2-v.1.4-60FPS-noburst (recommended)|
|Ivanich version 3.7||MGCB-7.0H-C2API-Mid (latest port)|
|Arnova version 5.1.014 (v11.1)||GCam5.1.014-Arnova8G2-v11.1 (recomended)|
|Arnova version 5.1.0114 (v8.1)||GCam5.1.014-Arnova8G2-v8.1|